Skip to main content

Disconnect (2012) Film Review (No Spoilers!)





"Disconnect" is a techno-thriller directed by Henry Alex Rubin starring Jason Bateman,  Alexander Skarsgård, Hope Davis, Paula Patton, Frank GrilloAndrea Riseborough, Michael NyqvistMax Thieriot and Marc Jacobs (yes, Marc Jacobs as in the fashion designer). It's packed with a lot of drama, putting social media in the foreground and the problems that it can/has caused nowadays. The internet can connect - but sadly it can also disconnect, as we get to see in this drama. 


I'm not going to talk all professional with you, whoever you may be, because this film was just so powerful. I saw it maybe a month ago and I can't stop thinking about it. It makes me question everything I put on the internet, it makes me even a little paranoid when I look at my laptop (could someone be watching?), it makes me be more careful and I find myself looking at technology with a new distrust. It is thrilling, intense and so real. So, if you haven't already noticed I really like this film and i recommend it 100%. 

Jason Bateman's performance particularly stood out to me, as he captured the essence of this movie perfectly. He proved that he is on top of his game and I hope to see him pursue more dramatic roles in the future. The acting from the whole cast is great and the screenplay, lighting and filming only make it even more exciting. 

The story follows three separate groups of people, all of them having some kind of dilemma with social media. There is one Family, in particular a boy named Ben, a couple and a reporter trying to interview a video chatroom stripper called Kyle. I'm not going to go into the story any further, it's better if you just jump right into the movie. 

All I'm going to say is that you should definitely watch this film. If you are thinking about it and wanted to read some reviews to be sure, what are you waiting for? Watch it! You won't be disappointed. 




If you haven't seen the trailer, take a look!



picture: http://www.movie-bistro.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Download-Disconnect-2012-Full-Free-in-HD.jpg
trailer: Youtube

Comments